I want to share my thoughts and goals on wellness with
others. Wellness is one of those trendy terms that can mean almost anything to
anybody. To me it is taking care of the whole person. It is probably the one
thing that most people, including myself, are not good
at. Maintaining good health can be hard, not to mention
some people seem to make it complicated and not much fun. Like most
people, I tend to lose interest in things that I don’t enjoy. So through this
blog I am going to share what I am learning and practicing on, which
is wellness.
Before I start let’s get a good definition on what the areas
of wellness are. No doubt diet is one of the most important. It is true “You
are what you eat” how much and what you eat not to mention why you eat. Believe
me; people eat for more reasons than being hungry. Exercise is important, too. My
question about exercises, does it have to be torture? When children go out to
play, they are running, jumping, and having a good time. You don’t see children
swimming laps at a pool. When they run they are happy. When adults run they do
not look that happy. My thought on the matter is how long does a person do
something that they don't like doing? The last thing that is taking care of mental
and spiritual health. Let’s face it, people are stress out. Days are spent on
going to one task to another, not taking time to rest, or to recharge, and
enjoy life. Thinking about what is really important to our own needs.
It is a lot to take care of but it is important. Because if
a person does not take care of them selves and they get ill, they won’t be able
to take care of others.
No comments:
Post a Comment